Media consumption.
A warm Welcome😊
You are the luckiest person to be on my blog today, we will learn together today's topic 'media consumption". Read more about how Public Relations is super analytic in situations in media.
Did you know social media can also be a drug? Yes, one can be addicted, and worst of the worst is that you will not be aware. Sikees! You got me and I got you, I will tell you how one is addicted to this drug.
what is media consumption? (Skinner, Mersham and Benecke, 2016) Media consumption is the ways individuals interact with and consume various forms of media. It can be interacting on social media and electronic media.
What is PR?
According to Clear, A (2021) public relations (PR) involves conveying newsworthy information and managing how others perceive a person, brand, or company. In addition, Public relations has its purpose of building and maintaining relationships between the organization and its public. Although, it even creates engagement between them.
Since Public Relations masters a lot in anylysing, we have seen unhealthy media consumptions of other people through their pictures and videos on various platforms. You are asking yourself how? Lol remember we are the Public Relations Practitioners; of course, is how we do our job. Analysing and digging insights of media? Call us experts.
Try to track your media consumption.
It is not a bad idea though for one to consume information on social media platforms, but it is one's responsibility to monitor whether they are using it in a good and healthy way or not. Yes, we all know it is fun and entertaining, but you don't have to overspend your precious time on it. It was 2022 when I was doing my matric, I was also one of the social media worms. I would spend so much time on my phone browsing on all social media platforms. I was not aware until my phone got stolen, I felt like I have lost other part of my body. I started to realize that hu-uh I need to stop my obsession with my cellphone and focus on my studies.
How too much consumption of media can mislead one.
Stay in my mind that social media is not always feeding with trustworthy and valid information. Remember, everyone shares what is in their thoughts regardless of whether it is newsworthy or not. Some people do it to get your attention and also generate money.
Challenges in Public Relations industry.
There are lot of challenges a Public Relations can face in the media. They outdo their best to overcome those challenges. You are asking yourself how? They use their PR strategies which is to analyze and release the press statement to the public, and they even write letters to the editors to publish newsworthy information.
Actress and model: Sophie Ndaba
A superstar actress and model known as Sophie Ndaba is one of the victims that social media made trends about losing her life countless times which was not true. People would comment and even share the posts and it portrayed as convincing in everyone's eyes. I also believe the stories until I saw a press release of a PRP. Public relations came through for her and they found out that she is still alive and in hospital. They have to save he from drowning in internet for things which are not true.
Opportunities of PR in media consumption.
When people consume information on media, it becomes easier for the PR to reach its audience. Stay in mind that PR is the middle piece between an organization and its public. It is great opportunity because they can interact with its public and obtain feedback. They are also able to update their publics with a blink of eye because media is fast and mostly preferable.
WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH MEDIA CONSUMPTION???
d.


Media consumption really is a deep topic. I like how you broke it down and made it sound do obvious. Thank you so much for this
ReplyDeleteMaw...Thank you Fiso. stay tuned for more of this.
DeleteThis is so helpful, informative and interesting.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Asanda
DeleteWell written blog , it was formative about how PR use social media to gather information and engage with that audience
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteThank you so much for this information, from now on I will detox my social addiction
ReplyDeleteYour pleasure miss
DeleteThis blogs articulateness makes it to be intriguing. It is definitely enlightening especially to future PRP’S.
ReplyDeleteYes darling, stay tuned for more of this.
DeleteGreat article even though too much of media consumption may lead to addiction I like how you use big stars like Sophie ndaba since she was once bullied on social media.
ReplyDelete